Welcome to our Year 13 Mock Examination page.
Here you can find a letter to parents/carers, the mock examination timetable and a summary and further information on your mock exam in each subject area.
Year 13 January Mock Examinations
Year 13 Mock Examinations will take place between Monday 10th January and Friday 21st January 2022 and will be completed under formal examination conditions in the auditorium.
A mock examination timetable can be seen below. A revision guidance booklet for each subject will be issued to students shortly.
I would like to reiterate some points made in the letter dated Monday 15th November 2021. You can see the full letter by clicking here.
- There is an absolute expectation that public examinations will go ahead next summer, and that TAG is not expected to be used.
- Nonetheless, given the unpredictable nature of the pandemic, and how it impacts on examinations, schools need to be aware of the contingency arrangements and have them in our minds if they need to be implemented.
- It is very likely that Year 13 January mock examinations will contribute to assessment evidence, if TAG is the process we are asked to follow.
- It is imperative that students complete their mock examinations within the scheduled time, so that we have robust data if the TAG process is implemented.
- Students need to ensure that that they are punctual for each of their mock examinations, with the correct equipment and with enough time to check the seating plan etc. Phone calls home will be made in the event of a student being missing at the start of an examination.
We anticipate that Year 13 students will be proactive in their approach to the mock examinations. During form times, assemblies and lessons, Year 13 have been given guidance on how to prepare for assessments which have included making effective use of study periods, producing revision timetables and using different study techniques. Please take time to discuss exam preparation work with your son/daughter and encourage them to check regularly the Year 13 Microsoft Teams channel for uploaded resources.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish your son/daughter every success with their mock examinations. With thorough preparation and organisation, students will be in a position to produce encouraging results in readiness for the summer examinations.
As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any concerns or queries.
Head of Year 13
Click here to download and print a copy of the timetable.