'Our Catholic School is a living and caring community of Faith, an extension of the home, and an integral part of the Catholic community'
IN OUR COMMUNITY OF FAITH
IN BISHOP CHALLONER CATHOLIC SCHOOL
WE GIVE GLORY TO GOD BY DEVELOPING OUR FULL POTENTIAL
AND IN OUR SERVICE TO OTHERS
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON
AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Bishop Challoner Catholic College is a highly successful school founded upon Christian principles. As a Catholic School we are committed to Gospel Values and this is reflected in our strong sense of community and out reach. The dedication of the staff over the last few years has resulted in our school being recognised nationally in academic as well as sporting achievement. Students not only achieve fantastic examination results but also have the opportunity to experience life to the full through our highly extensive programme of extra curricular activities and trips around the world.
As a Catholic School we aim:
- To provide the highest standards of Catholic Secondary Education.
- To deliver a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum; within which specific moral, ethical and religious issues are taught in the light of the teaching of the Catholic Church.
- To place worship of God and Prayer at the centre of School life through assemblies, Holy Mass and other liturgies.
- To develop the desire in each pupil to progress academically, spiritually, morally, culturally, mentally and physically.
- To provide a caring and secure atmosphere based on mutual respect within the entire School community.
- To promote respect for, and understanding of, the culture and religious principles of others and to challenge any form of discrimination.
- To promote equal opportunities for all.
- To encourage personal and professional commitment of all staff.
- To encourage the development of each pupil's unique talents and gifts.
- To promote, through our Science and Sports College status, a wide range of opportunities for a healthy lifestyle and a wide range of high quality sporting opportunities in Physical Education and sport.
- To prepare pupils to contribute to and cope with today's modern society and to develop the ability to respond positively to change.